Monday, August 7, 2017

Stormy Weather

Catdog reclines in an elusive patch of sunlight.  She'd rather be outdoors, but it is already raining again.  I have a finished cardigan to show you--Mazzy, by Elizabeth Smith--which I've worn all day today and I love it, but it has turned gray and gloomy and there is not a ray of light to be found.  This cardigan is pretty great though, in spite of a huge chunk of mistakes (made by me when things on Orphan Black got really compelling--no spoilers, I'm only on Season Three) in the cables at the back of the collar:
Keeping it real.  There are at least twelve individual mistakes in that photo, but Donnie was in the car with Dr. Leekie, and my attention was not on the cabling.  Orphan Black!  I am in the grips of that show.  If you're current on happenings in recent episodes, please don't tell me.  
Anyway, Mazzy is going to be a great layering piece for fall and winter.  And apparently for right now, too.  I used KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Tweed in Wellies Heather, and there are just enough flecks in it to disguise the incredible quantities of dog hair that cling to me everywhere I go.  Dogs are great.  Dogs are the best.  
 

11 comments:

  1. Great cardigan and yarn. Lately I am searching everywhere for tweeds and heather mixes in wool. Dogs are indeed the best, especially pretty dogs lying on pretty fabrics or rugs trying to look as though they are not posing. Sending kisses to sweet Catdog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. from this inexperienced eye I see no mistakes - looks great to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it, especially since it's so tweedy-looking!

    And any post that includes a picture or two of Catdog makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cardigan looks good who will notice the mistakes apart from you. If they do say ' back away, you're invading my personal space'. It's tipping down here in the U.K. all today too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice cardi and lovely pictures of Catdog. I have been saying we need rain but our rainy season will be here soon enough, I have had it with this heat wave tho'. We don't do well, by we I mean my pets, especially my ol'Boston terrier.
    Thoroughly enjoy your blod and all your knitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cardi! I really like the tweedy yarn. Cat dog is, of course, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand how Orphan Black distracted you, we're on the last season and will be bereft when it ends. Your sweater looks great, and as I'm a poor knitter, wouldn't see any mistakes anyway. I also wholeheartedly agree, dogs are the best. Catdog is exquisite, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Question: what's the yarn like?? I've eyed off the Wool of the Andes yarn online a few times but I'd be more keen if I got a fellow knitter's opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cosy cardi! I love the tweedy wool. No one will notice any mistakes, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. woow great. I love your dog...soooo cute....

    Conny

    ReplyDelete